Roofers install the roofs of buildings using a variety of materials, including asphalt, foam, tile and metal. They also handle other roofing-related responsibilities such as performing regular roof maintenance, doing roof inspections to check up on the condition of a roof, repairing a roof as needed, or replacing a roof entirely with the same roofing material and structure, or with an entirely new style.
Roofers typically do the following:
Roofers typically do the following:
- Measure roof to calculate the quantities of materials needed
- Replace damaged or rotting joists or plywood
- Install vapor barriers or layers of insulation
- Install asphalt, metal, foam, tile or other materials to make the roof watertight
- Align roofing materials with edges of the roof
- Cut roofing materials to fit around walls or vents
- Cover exposed nail or screw heads with roofing cement or caulk to prevent leakage
Roofers may specialize in the installation and replacement of one or more of these roof systems.
- Low-slope. Low-slope roofs rise less than 3 inches per horizontal foot and are installed in layers. Low-slope roofs make up about two-thirds of all roofs, as most commercial, industrial, and apartment buildings use this type.
- Steep-slope. Steep-slope roofs rise more than 3 inches per horizontal foot and use asphalt shingles, which often cost less than other coverings. Steep-slope roofs make up most of the remaining roofs, as most single-family homes use this type. Steep-slope roofs have the advantage of directing water runoff away from the roof and home, preventing excess moisture or rainfall from causing damage to the home. Steep-slope roofing also works best with specific roofing types, such as tiles or shingles, each of which have different strengths as roofing materials. These roofing types usually require less frequent maintenance, but they can be more difficult and costly to maintain. Always trust a professional roofer to handle roof maintenance for steep-slope roof structures, and make sure to have a plan in place for getting your roof maintained and replaced when necessary.
- Sustainable. A small but increasing number of buildings now have vegetative roofs that incorporate landscape materials into traditional roofing systems. A landscape roofing system typically begins with a single or multiple waterproof layers. After that layer is proven to be leak free, roofers put a root barrier over it, and, finally, layers of soil, in which vegetation is planted. Roofers must ensure that the roof is watertight and can endure the weight and water needs of the plants.
- Solar is another sustainable roof that is becoming increasingly popular. These systems include solar reflective, which prevents the absorption of energy; solar thermal, which absorbs energy to heat water; and solar photovoltaic, which converts sunlight into electricity. Many Arizona residents prefer sustainable and energy-efficient roofing, including flat roofs with light-colored coatings that direct heat and UV radiation away from the home, keeping indoor temperatures regulated at a lower cost and energy use. Solar panels on roofing are another great way to reduce expenses and energy use for your home, and a cost-effective options for residents in hot climates like Arizona.
Stapleton Roofing is committed to excellence in roofing. Our team has seen generations of quality roofing projects completed, satisfied customers throughout Arizona, and a lasting relationship with the community we have served for so many years. Clients know they can trust the experts at Stapleton Roofing with any project, whether it be roof repair, roof replacement, roof maintenance, roof installation and construction, roof inspection, roof consultation and recommendation, or any other home improvement task we tackle. They turn to us knowing we have the discipline to complete each project on time, the mastery to attain excellence, the expertise to provide great insight, the accessibility to top-quality products, and the relational credibility to build respectful, friendly, reliable partnerships with them.
If you or someone you know is ready to experience service from the team that has raised the bar in roofing industry excellence, reach out to us. Serving customers in Arizona with all their roofing solutions is our specialty, and we are ready to meet you wherever you at with your roof or home. If you have questions, we’re here to answer them, and if you have a need, we are here to hear it and fulfill that need with our roofing services. If you are ready to begin a great partnership, don’t hesitate! Call Stapleton Roofing today!