Which Roof Is Best for You?
There are many factors to consider in choosing a roof, including style, color, durability, warranties and installation. Here are some facts to help you decide:
- Typical roofs are asphalt shingles or tile, or foam for flat roofs
- Architectural shingles create a multidimensional effect. They feature laminated construction for longer life
- Traditional, three-tab flat asphalt shingles offer more value and performance than industry-standard shingles. They're color blended for a natural look
- Roof shingles come in colors from natural wood shades to intense slate blue, green and red
- Tile is manufactured in a variety of shapes, and colors
- Special adhesives tightly seal each shingle to reduce the risk of blowing off
- Roof replacement should include removal of existing materials, a structural integrity inspection, deck underlayment, drip edges and metal flashings
If you have a homeowners’ association, check the architectural guidelines!